Under The Wire

Under The Wire

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

EeePC T91 and T101H. Netbook with touch: a must have

It looks like a Mac clone but has much more to offer. For example a touch-screen or a little display that makes it easier to keep always with you. It is surely more comfortable to keep than a 17’’ monolith with half a day battery life.

Unfortunately so far I can only show you a video found on youtube… I’d really like to do myself a video showing you me playing with that toy, but actually I am not an owner of the new eeePc.

Going a little more technical I found some good points and some things that are going to turn my thumbs down, but I think are fixable :-)

The good:

  • It is touch-screen.
  • It is little, so I can take it always with me. Both the T91 and the T101H will fit comfortably on everyone bag.

The bad:

  • It ships with Windows XP, but I am sure that we will see soon a Windows 7 version. I think they can’t ship with a beta operating system.
  • It will released later this year. I want it NOW.
  • There are no details on the price. I hope it will be affordable.

My rating (so far): BUY. These tablets seem really good products and if I would be able to get them now I would surely have made my order yet.

More info here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous

"The Bad:

It ships with WinXP."

Don't they have a GNU/Linux version that comes with a bigger SSD? I'd much rather do that. None of the software I use runs on Windows.

wisher

Is Linux supporting tablets in a decent way now?
Last time I checked the situation was not good for the open source operating system when it had to deal with touchscreens.

CHEAPSOCCERUNIFORM

Many thanks for your themed, a good post for me.
Now it will be very cold in winter, in order to keep warm yourself, Moncler company has provide jackets for you, so it is better to own Moncler Jackets yourselif as soon as possible. Eeveryone love fashion clothing, Polo Ralph Lauren is very popular all over world, that is my dream to get Ralph Lauren.We know Ray Ban by America soldier, all of them wear Ray Ban Sunglasses when they walk on the road, it is fashionable for you. Most of people like to wear jeans, it is very modern when wearing True Religion Jeans in the street.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP