Happened in 1994:
- Apple releases the first Macintosh computers to use the new PowerPC Microprocessors.
- Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, is found dead in Seattle, Washington
- Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna is killed in an accident during the San Marino Grand Prix.
- Nelson Mandela is inaugurated as South Africa's first Black president.
- The Provisional Irish Republican Army announces a "complete cessation of military operations."
In 1994 was also released the first version of Netscape, since Google Chrome revamped world interest on browser war I’m going to dedicate the first episode of Computer History to it, one of the main characters of the original browser war.
Before the .com bubble, the first browser war, and the web as we know it
After Netscape died his code was taken by Mozilla Foundation to develop Firefox, but this is another story, you are going to know more when we are writing one of the next computer history stories.