Under The Wire

Under The Wire

Friday, May 30, 2008

Brand new Google icon, trouble coming?

Photo by manfrys Today while I was doing a Google search I noticed that something strange was going on, but at first I didn't realized what looked unusual.

Some search after, looking at my tabs I discovered what my eyes noticed what was changed: instead of the capital G the favicon of Google is now a little blue g.

Probably at Mountain View they are tired to be called the big G and decided to change their nickname in the most subliminal and easiest way they can go on: just changing they brand.

Do you like this new icon? I hope that the big G is coming back, the little g doesn't represent Google in my mind and makes too confusing to look at my tabs.

6 Comments:

emsker

at least "g" reminds me that "g" is the abbreviation for google seach in (my) firefox :)

E.g. putting "g blogger google icon" in the address bar starts the google search...

Mario

@Martin, thanks for the comment. The small g can remember the search keyword, but my eyes are still used to the capital G :-)

Anonymous

I love the old red GMail icon better than the new one. Also, the color doesn't appeal to me much.

Filippo Sironi

I've disable all the favicons so I noticed no change. However I think that it's not an important change, it's only a small icon after all.

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to restore the original favicon?

Mario

@Praveen Ratna Deepak:
My gmail icon isn't changed.
@Sirus
How can I tell to stop using Lynx. Web is not for command line! ;-)
@tciddaniw
I hope that google will restore the old icon, if I find an hack I'll let you know.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP