I admit it, I was a bit curious about the feature developed in the 20% free time that Google left to its employees, and I was expecting to find something great.
Seems that this time the 20% free time had been a little wasted since none of the experimental feature did worth a try. Here is the list of the feature users should test (with my opinions):
- Quick Links if it’s bookmarkable and does worth a bookmark it’s yet on my favorites.
- Superstars please stop them or GMail will become a Christmas tree.
- Pictures in chat and Muzzle is there anyone using web-chat? Crazy!
- Fixed width font why should I loose the right layout of the mail?
- Custom keyboard shortcuts and Mouse gestures maybe it’s not so useless, but I don’t think a AJAX application is the right place for shortcut.
- Signature tweaks wow, we can sign a message before the quoted text :-(
- Random signature maybe it’s cool, but do we need it?
- Custom date formats it must be a system setting not an application setting!
- Old Snakey ladies and gentlemen Google-OS is here, and you can also play games on it!
- Email Addict hitting the X that closes the tab is too easy?
- Hide Unread Counts why?
If you choose to become a useless-function tester remember that big-G could remove what you’re testing without saying nothing to you. The function will just disappear.
If you’re looking for a real big thing, have a look at the new version of Windows Live Writer