Many people dislike Safari and switch to Firefox; I recently decided to try it and I started using it regularly. There are many features that only Firefox offers but there's one thing I particularly dislike of Firefox: the interface. Safari is truly well-designed: the GUI is uncluttered, simple and nice looking. How to make Firefox 3 look like exactly like Safari? These are the steps you have to take:
- Install the "Combine Stop-Reload Buttons" extension (currently at version 0.3); it merges the stop and reload buttons
- Install the "Fission" extension (currently at version 1.0); it provides a Safari-like progress bar, which shows behind the URL
- Install "Quartz PDF Plugin" to give Firefox 3 the ability to view PDFs
- Install the "Inquisitor" extension... it's so cool!
- Open a blank page and type about:config , press enter, click on "I'll be careful, I promise" and edit "browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth" to "200" and "browser.tabs.tabMinWidth" to "150"; this will change the tab width to make it more like Safari.